App Marketing Methods
Marketing apps can be difficult. Here are some resources for you until we get our own article.
Some quick tips first… Make a landing page website where you show off the app and what it can do. Use YouTube videos for the advertising video. Use either a screencast or other explainer video to quickly grab attention and explain the app easily. Text to explain apps is just not a good time but you also need to include that as well.
Articles about App Marketing
- Life Lessons By Way Of App Marketing by BlueCloud Solutions
- App Marketing 301 – Answers From The Man Who Took Down 45+ Million Downloads by BlueCloud Solutions
- Android vs iOS – Development, Monetization, Marketing by BlueCloud Solutions
Mobile Apps: Marketing and Strategy (format: Video, time: Over an hour) (direct YouTube link) by The App Dream and video created by Standford University. Start at 47:56 if you only want to hear the app marketing portion. The rest is very good material though so I recommend listing to all of it if possible.
- 4 Hour Apps (PDF) by BlueCloud Solutions
- About game marketing by Game Academy
- App & Game Business Guide (PDF) by Game Academy
- Marketing Warfare (book, low cost) by Al Ries and Jack Trout